Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Well, I am feeling decidedly happy this morning even though it is a dull and dreary day outside and there is a huge magpie sitting just outside my window!

My little boy goes to playschool with a lovely lady nearby, two mornings a week for a few hours. When he knows he is going there he cheers and sings, he is so happy about it! It's beneficial to both of us as he gets to play with other kids and learn new things. As a forty something first time mum, I haven't produced any siblings for him. I am also enjoying the time being able to do a bit of work from home and reacquaint myself with various technologies!

I woke up with pain in my buttock and leg this morning and dosing myself with difene and paracetemol hasn't really helped. However, I determined that I would use my mind over matter positive techniques and although the pain is still there, it is working. Driving my little man to school I decided we would sing something positive in the car and psyche ourselves up to have a wonderful day.

I sang 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' rounding off with a bit of his beloved cheering ,'hip hip hooray' three times. My little chap loved it and was singing along. By the time we got to his playschool, he was running up the path cheering. It made us both so happy and I went away smiling.

I still am!



All the best to you and thanks for reading.
Positive. Positive. Positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback!