Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Mum is born!

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. The woman existed but the mother never. The mother is something absolutely new" Rajneesh

I love the above quotation. I came across it recently and it really spoke to me as a first time mother. I guess, it holds true for first time fathers too.

I existed as a woman with my many interests and needs and now I exist with a whole new side to my womanhood. In fact, for the first two years of my little boy's life, I pushed my interests and needs unwittingly into the background. Unwittingly is the relevant word here. I didn't realise that I was focusing so much on my child that I kind of lost myself. I was lucky enough to be able to take a career break from work to concentrate on him. As a forty something first time mother I felt I would like to spend as much time as possible with him. I would definitely need to have the energy for that too!

Now that I am more practiced in being a mum, or 'Mammy' as we say here, I realise that I can combine the two. In fact, happy as I am, being completely fulfilled will be a bonus to everyone in my life!



All the best to you and thanks for reading.
Positive. Positive. Positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback!