Monday, May 3, 2010

So touching...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IelNN5uA2xw

I saw this video and it really touched my heart. I decided to repost it on FaceBook and also here on my blog.

As a forty something first time mother, I am so pleased that my mum is still around to see the child I thought I would never have. As I have been fortunate enough not to have to work outside the home at the moment, she gets to spend lots of time with us both. Its a blessing in disguise in some ways that I had my child so late in life as it has enabled me to be around for her. Because I am not tied to the confines of a 9 to 5 job at the moment, I am available to take her to her many doctor and hospital appointments. She is 77 this year and has some health problems. In saying that, she also has a positive attitude, friends and interests in life. There is one thing that really gets to me though and that is, that she is constantly repeating herself! She tells me the same things every time she sees me. I try and try to be nice about it and mostly I am. Sometimes however, I just blow and lose my cool like the son in this video. I am consumed with guilt every time I do it and now this clipfrequently comes to mind.

It brought tears to the eyes of a friend of mine who recently lost her mother. Her mother talked about birds a lot. A few weeks ago, while at the zoo with the kids, a little robin landed on the table beside us and then sat up in a tree above us. It reminded her of her mum and I like to think it was a message for my friend telling her that her mum is okay and not to feel guilty about anything. I had seen this video ages ago and it actually came to mind when we talked about her mum that day. I searched it out and decided to put it up here on my blog and repost it on facebook.

All the best to you and thanks for reading.
Positive. Positive. Positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback!